Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Check Up on Yanks

Sorry I haven't written for a while. I've been really busy lately but I'm back and I'm prepared to write a lot more. You guys have been getting plenty of Yankee news lately from other sources, I'm sure. I'm just going to go through everything thats happened lately.

-Brett Gardner wins center field job
-Xavier Nady wins right field job
-Yankees win 10 straight to finish spring training
-New Yankee Stadium opens with 2 wins

Thats pretty much it. I would have prefered Melky like I said before. He had a great spring, a spring worthy of the center field job. Also he's proven he can play center field at the big league level, and Gardner hasn't yet. I hope he will if he's going to be playing, but I just think Melky would have been a better choice. I always knew Nady would win in right. He deserved it with his year last year. The Yankees finished spring playing great, and I know it was only spring, but it's good to get used to winning, and get better at playing as a team. Winning creates team chemistry, which I think is very important. Never too early to start. It's time for a great season.

No comments:

Post a Comment