Sunday, February 15, 2009

Manny Still Not Signed


My first post when I opened this blog was that the Yankees should sign Manny Ramirez. At that point, I didn't realize that they couldn't sign any more Type A free agents, so they really can't sign him. However, I couldn't help notice that he still hasn't signed with anybody. Also, with all the A-Rod junk, he hasn't even been in the news. I'm honestly sick of hearing reporters say, "I think he will eventually be back with the Dodgers." He has rejected two offers from them, and I'm not even sure if they are still negotiating with him. If you ask me, they should stop pursuing him all together. Nobody else is really negotiating, and, because of his greed, he would end up not signed when the season starts. I honestly think that there is a possibility that might happen. Here are the places I think he might end up.

Los Angeles Dodgers - The only team that reporters think he will end up with. The only team that seems to be negotiating with him. I think that this will be the most likely team he ends up with.

San Francisco Giants - Unlikely, I really think. The Giants already have quite a lot of money invested in Zito, and that hasn't worked out. Yet. I don't think it ever will. However, he would really help them, and could be a big piece that would help them actually compete in the very weak NL West.

New York Yankees - The most unlikely of all the teams I am mentioning because they said they are out of it, and the 3 Type A Free Agent rule. However, like I said, it is starting to look like a real possibility that he won't be signed when the season starts. If he isn't signed, then the Yanks can take him if they need him or want him. Again, very, very unlikely, but more likely than some teams (Boston).

Texas Rangers - I don't know, I've heard it thrown out there a couple times. Texas could use him, and it's a great place to hit (We all saw how A-Rod hit there). It probably won't help that much. The only team that will do anything in the west is the Angels. 



All teams really sound unlikely except the Dodgers. However, if Manny continues all this greed and his turning to Scott Boras to try and get him his 25 million for 3-4 years, he will never get signed. He also, can't help but notice, but he also hasn't said anything publicly all offseason (except for his prediction that the Yankees will offer him 3 years). Who knows? Maybe he still thinks he can get the money and the years. He never came across as the brightest to me. If he does, he needs to get his head straight and accept anything that comes his way here on out or he won't be playing anywhere at all. The longer this goes on, the more I don't know where he will sign. The more likely it is that he won't be playing at all.

The guys a great player, but he needs to put aside his greed, forget the money (he has enough anyway, more won't change his life), and just sign. He also may need to go up to the Dodgers or wherever he wants to sign and start a negotiation himself, instead of waiting for a team to come to him. Because no team seems to be coming to him anymore. If he does these things, he will sign, and will have a great season!

So, where do you think he will sign?

1 comment:

  1. Actually MLB lifted the restrictions on the number of Type A free agents a team could acquire very recently, so potentially the Yanks could go after Manny, but at this point their outfield is currently occupied.

    Case and point; Manny will resign with the Dodgers, no question.

    ReplyDelete