Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Manny Finally Signed

Manny Ramirez has finally signed a contract. Finally. You know, when you look at the whole thing, this greed, and waiting that he's been doing did absolutely nothing but make him look bad. He signed with the Dodgers for 2 Years, worth 45 million. Remember the first offer, waaaaaaaaaaay back in November? 2 Years, 44.5 million was, I believe, the offer. Nice job Manny. Serious skill. You earned 500,000 dollars more. Let me ask you. What can you do with 45 million that you can't do with 44.5 million? Seriously, all Manny did was make himself and his agent look bad, make himself 2 weeks late for spring training, and show himself off as a completely greedy jerk. Seriously Manny, it's not worth it. I made a post in January about how he should be a Yankee, but that was then. A lot of people weren't signed then. He didn't seem like a jerk. I knew he loved money, but I thought he loved baseball more. Now that I've seen him sacrifice 2 weeks of spring training for an extra 500,000 dollars, which for him is like 50 cents to the most of the working world. What's wrong with him? He is a complete idiot. He doesn't care about anything but money. Now, I'm glad we never signed him. We didn't need him, and he would have just been a bad influence in the clubhouse. He would have been a liability defensively. He would have hurt more than he helped. I feel bad for Joe Torre. He's as good as anyone at handling people, and I still feel bad for him. He has to deal with a major headache. Another thing, Joe Girardi probably would never have been able to handle Manny. I'm really glad he's not a Yankee.

The guys a great baseball player, but thats all he is. The Dodgers are going to have a tough season. They don't care though, because they do need him. He, regardless of his personality, will be the reason the Dodgers are in the postseason this year.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment