Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A-Rod Comments Not a Big Deal

Once again, I am writing about Alex Rodriguez. I am not happy about what people have made with his comments, but I'll get to that in a moment. First I just want to say that A-Rod is a bloggers dream. He can't go 2 days without another story about him, whether he means to or not. 

First on the comments. A-Rod said, "I wish he (Jose Reyes) was leading off our team." These comments have been controversial because people have interpreted it as an insult to Derek Jeter, and/or Johnny Damon. First of all I want to say that it's unbelievable that A-Rod can't even say something nice without getting slammed. Second, this has been blown way out of proportion. This wasn't another diss on Derek Jeter, and he wasn't insulting Johnny Damon. He was just complementing Reyes. And he should. He's his teammate right now and should be supported. He doesn't wish Jeter or Damon wasn't on the team, and wasn't dissing either of them. I'd bet if you asked A-Rod that he'd say the same thing. Damon's already defended him. I would expect Jeter will defend him too. If you ask me, leave A-Rod alone, give him his space. Try saying something nice about him. Have you realized that he's the best player in the history of the game, and the media can't ever find one good thing to say about him. He's done nothing wrong lately. Just praise an opposing player and play baseball. Play baseball. Thats what he needs to do all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment